What is Protein? Protein is made up of amino acids which are the building blocks for your body.
Protein for Building Muscle
- 20-40g high-quality protein maximally stimulates muscle protein synthesis.
- While we are moving and especially while we exercise, muscle fibres break down.
- To be able to maximise the potential muscle growth we need to provide our bodies with adequate protein throughout the day.
Protein for Weight Loss
- To help satisfy hunger, protein helps you feel full for longer.
- By consuming protein and building muscle, you increase your metabolism.
- Increasing your metabolism helps you burn calories faster, and ultimately helps you shed the kilograms and decrease body fat percentage.
Protein for Ageing
- As we age we lose muscle mass.
- Maintaining muscle mass is critical for maintaining function as we age.
- Critical functions such as balance are significantly impacted by losing lower body and core muscle mass.
- It is never too late to increase your protein intake to help protect your body as you age.